Administrative Assistant – Calgary
Job Category: Administration
Date Posted: April 4, 2006
ACTRA is a national organization representing over 21,000 professional performers working in film, television, radio, video and other recorded media. ACTRA’s principal role is to negotiate, enforce and administer collective agreements that guarantee performers fair compensation and equitable working conditions.
ACTRA is now seeking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant located in our Calgary office, with responsibilities to our Calgary, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Branches. This is a permanent position, four days per week, 6.5 hours per day.
The Administrative Assistant will work under the direction of the ACTRA Calgary Branch Representative. The duties for this position will include the following:
· Processing payments to ACTRA and Performers from various employers
· Draft correspondence and other communications materials if necessary
· File documents and maintain filing system
· Maintain Access and Web-based databases
· Bank deposits
· Sign-up new members
· Schedule meetings
· Answer general inquiries about ACTRA, other general reception duties
· Other duties as assigned
· Post Secondary education or equivalent experience
· 2 years Administration experience
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and web-based interfaces
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work within short deadlines
Salary and job description are covered under the USW/ ACTRA Collective Agreement.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Posting closes April 11, 2005.
No telephone inquiries please.