Posted on: Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Alberta Culture and Tourism recently undertook a review of the Alberta Production Grant (APG) program within the Alberta Media Fund (AMF). This review incorporated feedback from the Alberta Film Advisory Council, the Alberta Media Production Industries Association, the Alberta Association of Motion Picture and Television Unions, and other industry stakeholders. As a result, several revisions/enhancements have been made to the guidelines that will allow us to continue maximizing available dollars and address short-term issues for the purpose of enhancing/strengthening the integrity and efficiency of the program.
The revised guidelines are now available on the AMF website (a copy has been attached) and take effect November 18, 2014. Please note the following:
- There will be a grace period from November 18 to December 19, 2014 during which time applications may be submitted based on the old or the new guidelines.
- All applications must continue to be submitted via GATE.
- GATE will continue to reflect the old guidelines until December 20, 2014. If you wish to apply under the new guidelines prior to December 20, 2014, please contact AMF staff for assistance with this process.
- Applications in progress but not yet submitted before the end of the grace period will be upgraded to the new application form as of December 20, 2014.
- Applicants wishing to apply under the old guidelines must ensure their application is submitted in GATE on or prior to December 19, 2014. Otherwise, your application will be upgraded to the new form and you will have to submit based on the new guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the revised guidelines or the application process, please contact the Cultural Industries Branch.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.