It’s Time to Lift Each Other Up…
We invite you to join WIFTA and help us create a community that resonates with you!
WIFTA is dedicated to authentic equity, diversity and inclusion in both our membership and Alberta’s media & screen industries.
Membership is also available to women and femme identifying people, regardless of gender. We are committed to being accessible, as a professional association.
SUBSIDIES ARE AVAILABLE – if you believe our membership fees are a barrier to you, please reach out to us: email@example.com.
- WIFTA Online Newsletters
- with updated information on funds, festivals and events
- Access to members-only WIFTA Facebook Community
- WIFTA Networking Opportunities
- WIFTA Events
- WIFTA Annual Film Festival
- Professional Development
- Industry Workshops
- Participation in WIFTA Committees and Programs
Get Involved with WIFTA!
Opportunities for involvement include:
WIFTA Board of Directors: women appointed and elected from the membership for a two-year period, are full members in good standing and are actively involved with committee work
AGM (Annual General Meeting): features a keynote speaker from the industry, the year in review and elections.
Volunteer Opportunities: membership includes the opportunity to get involved with our exciting committees. If you’re interested in volunteering in the areas listed below, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information:
- Communications (On-Line News/Website/Public Relations)
- Networking – Edmonton
- Networking – Calgary
- Professional Development
- Special Events
If you’re interested in volunteering in the areas listed, please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
How to Sign Up
- Make a payment for your membership either by PayPal (take note of the PayPal receipt number), cheque or money order
- DOWNLOAD the WIFTA Membership Application to save it to your computer. Please note that the PDF will become interactive after the download.
- FILL OUT the interactive PDF form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All new memberships will be voted on by the Board of Directors. All applications for admission are approved unless denied by a resolution of the Board within 60 days after the application has been received.
- Pay using our PayPal Account below. You can also mail a cheque or money order mail with the membership form to: WIFTA #338, 10045 156 street , Edmonton, Alberta T5P 2P7.
If you have any questions, please contact the WIFTA office at email@example.com
Membership Rates April 1, to March 31,
|First Time Member $75.00 – This provides you with full benefits and privileges including the ability to vote at the Annual General Meeting (except male identifying members). Membership requires a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the film & television industry (includes completed post-secondary in a related field).|
|Annual Renewal $60.00 – Existing member renewing their membership.|
|Students pay only $25.00 – 18+, enrolled in full-time studies in a related field of film and television. (Valid Student ID Required)|