Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility.Â Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV â€” Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels.Â It is a critical component of Bellâ€™s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Title: ENG Editor, CTV2 Edmonton, Unifor 899 – (1 Year â€“ Maternity Leave coverage)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experienceâ€¨Location: 18520 Stony Plain Road Edmonton, AB
Work Conditions: 40 hours per week.Â Overtime as required
Reporting to the Supervising producer, this multi-skilled and motivated individual will be team player and will be responsible for a:
- Non – Linear Editing of News, Current Affairs, Human Interest, and topical storiesÂ for television and the Web
- Online editing when required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Education in Broadcasting or a related field
- Working knowledge of News Technical Operations
- Knowledge of Non-Linear Editing systems, including Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Experience editing documentary style features.
- Proficient in AfterFX and Photoshop
- MUST have a proven track record of consistently being able to work under pressure with a demonstrated ability to react quickly and productively in a changing environment requiring immediate decision-making.
- MUST have ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment with emphasis on internal assistance and upholding professional standards.
Applicants will be reviewed based upon competence, ability, skill, and potential to consistently achieve results.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Unionâ€¨ Position Level: Unifor 899 – CTV Calgary / Edmontonâ€¨ Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Application Deadline: 10/24/2016â€¨ Contact Name: Nabil Stambouli
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role.Â Applications through email will not be accepted.
Please note that the only information related to Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your currentÂ rating (Exceeds, Meets etc.).Â A more detailed copy of yourÂ PMP may be requested at a later date.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada,Â AB, Edmonton