Exciting news! WIFTA is creating a provincially-focused podcast for women in our industry! The podcast will feature interviews with key players in our province, from the ambitious up-in-coming filmmakers to our trailblazing veterans who established WIFTA over twenty years ago. Screenwriters, producers, editors, cinematographers, and actorsâ€¦ we are creating a resource of information and connecting women to Albertaâ€™s essential institutions, unions and guilds. We are hiring 2 key creatives to join this exciting endeavour. Job descriptions are included below.
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to Producer Terri Wynnyk - email: [email protected]
Deadline for application: July 31, 2019.
Producer, Host, Social Media Manager
Contract: 3 - 6 Months, $14,000 - $16,000
This person is charismatic, a great conversationalist, well-educated in the industry, and able to ask insightful questions. The show host is the voice and representative of WIFTA to the audience and our featured guests, and ideally, also responsible for our social media strategy, creating marketing and promotion materials, and necessary graphic design. They will:
- Work directly with the Executive Producer to develop the overall vision for the podcast and chase leads for interviews
- Coordinate podcast Interviews, contact participants for time and availability. Develop insightful questions in alignment with WIFTAâ€™s creative vision and interview guests
- Blog on regular basis to create content around the podcast, with the aim of growing site visitors and email list subscribers. Take on aspects of our social media marketing process, from twitter to Instagram and more.
- Keep track of the analytics of the podcastâ€™s performance to see how itâ€™s being received by the audience. Develop a social strategy that will target WIFTA members and women in the industry to ensure the podcast extends its reach throughout Alberta
- Must be an active member of Albertaâ€™s screen based industries
- Social media presence, with experience in audience building
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of Radio or Podcasting experience
- Content marketing and graphic design an asset, including experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong knowledge of email marketing, Instagram, and LinkedIn best practices
- Relevant college degree an asset
- Must be a member of WIFTA
Technical Producer & Audio Engineer/Editor
Contract: 3 - 6 Months, $8000
This person has a high level of audio recording experience and is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of podcast. They will:
- Work closely with the Producer/Host and Executive Producer to coordinate interviews
- Records the interviews, ensuring that the highest quality audio is captured and delivered
- Be responsible for overseeing the technical aspects post production, including editing, mixing and mastering the content into cohesive episodes.
- Create Intros/outros, ad spots, and utilize show music to polish each episode into a professional-grade piece of content
- Minimum 2 years experience working with podcasts, broadcasts and/or other audio and multimedia content
- Relevant degree/diploma an asset
- Must be a member of WIFTA